Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks A Lot

Happy Thanksgiving from the Bates'
Happy Thanksgiving! It is good to give thanks and we had a good day of it. 11 students and friends gathered around an abundant table on this sunny, shivery day and 6 more joined us for a second course of desserts. For the occasion, Briana has been learning words and movements to Raffi's lovely song of thanksgiving. She sang out and danced so beautifully for us all as a prelude to our meal's grace - her best interpretation of the week -and wouldn't you know it, just when the song was wrapping up her stockings gave way on our slippery floor and down she went, hard. Gosh darnit. Just before turning in she decided to complete the song. And as we turn in, we sing with her: Thanks for all we've got. Thanks for all we've got.
Goodnight and a Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Here's Briana singing to Raffi's "Thanks A Lot" (Baby Beluga album): Thanks a lot Thanks for the sun in the sky Thanks a lot Thanks for the clouds so high Thanks a lot Thanks for the whispering wind Thanks a lot Thanks for the birds in the spring Thanks a lot Thanks for the moonlit night Thanks a lot Thanks for the stars so bright Thanks a lot Thanks for wonder in me Thanks a lot Thanks for the way that I feel Thanks for the animals Thanks for the land Thanks for the people everywhere Thanks a lot Thanks for all I’ve got Thanks for all I’ve got.

4 comments:

JenHolly said...

That was the most beautiful dance that I have ever seen in my entire life. Wow!!! And the singing was phenomenal. I so badly wish that I could have seen it live and in person. It was difficult to watch the injury take place, but I'm so grateful that you finished the song, Schnookers. I am so thankful for all I've got, too, and the Bates are at the top of the list (tied with M, D&C, and K&G&J, of course). :) I love you all soooooooooo much!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song and dance! Clara and I were both entranced. I'm glad to see that you are doing well, and we wish you a very happy Advent season. Much love from NH!
Caren, Dave and Clara

Eden said...

What a beautiful song and a beautiful little dancer!!!

I was home in VA for Thanksgiving with two of the sibs and my parents. Now's the crunch of end-of-semester.

xo

Unknown said...

Hi Dana and Brandi! That was such a beautiful video! I was thinking the whole time that I should make sure Clara sees it, but I'm glad to see she already did! We'll have to get some Raffi around here... :) So sorry to hear about the kindergarten experience. I hope Brianna can keep her freedom and innocence! She is beautiful! We are thankful for you guys too and wish you a wonderful advent season! Love, Cindy